So, its 2010…and we all are back from another big big party we have at the end of every year celebrating the fact that a new year is coming up…celebrating the new beginnings…but really, I am not being a sadist, but why do we do this at every year end?? I mean whats the whole need of celebrating New Year??

If we talk about the sad parts of the previous year being forgotten, then maybe yeah, we could justify celebrating the arrival of New Year. But its not like something bad that happened to you in the previous year will suddenly stop after the 31st of December. I mean something that started happening in December or maybe even earlier would just continue, wont it? I know I am being a complete sadist but I really, like really do not get the entire hoopla around the whole New Year celebration n all.

People make tonz of resolutions. Well, those which barely last a week but they wait like an entire year to make that silly resolution. Okay, I’m gonna give a little credit to the ones who make through a few months with their resolutions, but seriously, you need a new year to make a resolution?!? Do you really need the end of 365 days to make yourself just wanna do something? Why not just make a resolution at the beginning of each month and then break it a week later?? Or maybe a few months later?

I wonder why is there such a huge celebration around the New Year. I mean there are bigger events in life that just the beginning of a new year..like getting a job..meeting old friends…birthday…yeah we party then as well, but sometime maybe not as hard. I mean sometimes it feels like even going for shopping with my friends is a bigger event that the New Year.

Year after year, I’ve seen stuff happen around the New Year and have always wondered why people make such a big deal out of it. There will be those big big advertisements about some TV show that will have Priyanka Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan dance for you. Are you kidding me?? I mean why would a sane person sit and watch these guys dance on the television?? There will these big hoardings all over the city claiming to be hosting a better party than their rival hotel or club. And people actually pay 5 grand for the party (mind you..couple entry) and feel all happy that they have such an awesome deal coz the hotel is giving them 2 drinks complimentary…FREE! Russell Peters was absolutely right…we Indians like everything that is free! :p Those ignorant little party mongers do not realize that in 5 grand, they could get into a nice pub/club and have a lot more than just 2 drinks and guess what, you get food there and can dance there as well!! But well, ah, if they like doing that, I shouldn’t be the one judging! :D
All said and done, I also went for a party…call me a hypocrite but I dint wanna sit at home by myself! :p And yeah, this years resolution would be to be more regular with the blog…Call it a resolution?? Ohkay!! :D But yeah, actual resolution, try and give the same amount of money I paid the bloody hotel to some poor kids who could probably eat food for a week with that money. I really wish I stick to this resolution! :)

4 comments:

life is short..and new year's eve/day just provides an extra day to celebrate and have fun.all said n done I still wouldn't sittin at home to watch sharukh n priyanka dance :D

i really can't take sides abt celebrating or nor celebrating a anew year.. but i certainly support the idea of doing some good for the poor kids from all the money u r spending on just partying!! I sincerely hope u stick to ur resolutions!! :-)

Seems like someone started questioning herself after coming from a party that What was that?
Well, new year party is a big business for many industries including hotel,entertainment,advertising. and their mantra is "You party, our business". So, most of the hype are created by them to lure customers. the idea copied from christmas events happens in west. And people follow people, without thinking.Someone's friend/colleague/neighbour/classmate/friend's friend going to party, so lets go.

Those who celebrate hard, for them celebration is not of new year.they are bored. they are in need of celebration to get away from their happyless life.some time to forget their own self so that they can get away from reality of life.but sadly, very soon after celebration overs they again find themselves caught in their rut.

i stopped going in new eve celebrations since i was 12.Now i am used to of listening people's plan for new year,silently. and they are used of me.I usually celebrate it by sitting on the roof and watching the horizon or playing my guitar.

Resolutions? ya we need them.We actually make resolutions unconsciously everyday.and we break them everyday.We need a big day so that we can say to ourself that enough procastination,do something better.
Of course, we can do this at the start of every month but new year is the time when we can analyse our last 365 days performance and take an oath that next 365 days m gonna perform much better than this.
and 365 days data is too good to analyse.coz its neither very short nor too long.(hmm.. thats why in the companies, they have employee performance review and appraisal cycle in 12 months!!).The significance of making it big is that the probability is, at a huge event we will make resolutions with more zest, more determination and more energy to follow them than any other day of the year. Ya m saying that its totally psychological!!

You know, last year, it took me 3 months to actually verbalise, write, proritize and writing the action plans for my resolutions.and then i put them everywhere.on the roof above my bed,in front of study table, in mobile reminders,google calanders. Some resolutions were small and many were very huge. But magically i completed 80 percent of them at the end of year.That was a huge change and boost up in life.

Well, writing blogs regularly was in rest of the 20 percents which are left :)But will do it this year.

70 days of new year has passed and you are not back on your blog. seems like u broke your resolution at Jan 2 itself. :D.Start again from today.

Keep walking keep blogging. :)

(Sorry, this comment became very big. but cant help myself.. you triggered the writer ;)

@ Ravi: Thanks for the comment! Someone agrees with me...all my friends bashed this post of mine! :p