
Ever wondered why everything in life seems so ironical...so weird...out of the world! Yeah..happens to me a lot of times...and very often I'm left to think about what exactly is it that's actually keeping me going...each and every day! And the answer comes as quick as a stone coming to hit your head...its the sense of satisfaction that you are doing what you are here to do.
There have been times when it all seemed hazy...the purpose...the life in itself! But then I found my guiding light in those who care. There were times when I was left alone..left alone to march to the final summit clearing all the hurdles all by myself. But yeah...kept going because I knew where to go even thought the 'how' part was as hazy as the summit itself. I had heard people saying, friends you make in college are your friends for life. But who really decides what are friends? Are they people who stand by you in troubled times? Or are they people who stand by you always? Or are they people who love you for what you are? Are they the ones who know you inside out and still think you're nice?? So many definitions but not one person to fit them all. Someone who stands by you does not know you...someone who knows you doesn't like you...and someone who likes you doesn't stand by you. Then how do we, normal human beings without any special powers, decide who's a true friend who's not?? There is no way!! Because one day, there they all are, holding your hand promising you they won't let you fall...and the very next day, you see them pushing you over the edge.Why?? The answer to that resonating question is yet to be found by me! I hope I never find the answer because I don't wanna be shocked out of my wits by getting to know how people make fun of that word, right in front of their 'Friend'. Everyday when someone close to me told me, "This, my dear, this is the real world! There is no escaping it...there is no running away from the fact that in this real world, no one cares for no one.".I fought with him...fought with all the vigour I had! Fought with all the faith I had by my side..."No!! This isn't the real world! This is just a mere dark reflection of the real world.Just the other side of the coin. Just another fake world where people like to believe no one belongs to no one! Real world is inside you...deep inside you where you still care about the people around you..where you still know what love is, what true friendship is...that's the real world!". He tried to make me understand but I was adamant. Days passed and I saw more colours of this real world and realized, every word of what he had said was true! Yes! To my utter disappointment, it was true! This was the real world!! No one cared...people changed within seconds...friendship meant nothing...people were lost in a hurried frenzy to make their foothold...to make the world realize their worth! It was cruel, this real world! I did not want to be a part of this real world! I wanted my real world back, which now was past! A beautiful past of which I had only memories left. And I wanted more than memories..more than mere reminiscences of that past, where you could smile without making people hate you, where you could be happy and not have people eye your happiness with suspicion.But that was past and I could not have it back. Only if I could look forward to my past, I would spend each day smiling, waiting for my past to come back to me. But I knew it won't!
Dreams ad-nauseam...dreams unlimited..we all have them! But not all come true...and this was one dream which was not going to come true. So what! I made my own 'real' world..where there was just me..where I still valued friendship..where I would still lend a shoulder to someone crying..where I still believe in the power of love and faith..where I still believe in myself! It doesn't matter there is no one with me! It doesn't matter no one believes in my real world. I am walking to the final summit on my own...and yes! I will make it! I see the world outside as my real world. This world is untouchable.No one can even come close to shatter my dreams. No one can ruin this picture for me. This is my treasure. This is ME!
1 comments:
I dont care if any1 agrees with you or not.. I'm telling you, both of us think sooo alike.. I cud nt agree more... beautifully written!! It's like reading myself write that!
Post a Comment